We take the best team photos
Team photos are a great way for businesses and organizations to showcase their team's professionalism, unity, and brand identity. However, many questions can arise when it comes to organizing and executing team photoshoots. So stick around. In this short post, we'll provide answers to five of the most frequently asked questions about team photos to help you navigate the process and get what you and your posse came for - team photos you can be proud of.
Why are team photos important?
Team photos serve multiple purposes. They elevate your organization’s public image and can be used for all sorts of things; marketing materials, websites, social media, and internal communications. They help build trust and familiarity with clients and stakeholders, allowing them to connect faces with names and promoting a sense of transparency. Moreover, team photos boost team morale, promoting a sense of belonging and unity among employees. If well executed, there is no downside to humanizing your business.
How often should team photos be updated?
This depends on a lot of factors, including team dynamics, changes to your crew, and shifts in your brand identity. Generally, updating team photos at least once a year or whenever there are significant changes in the team composition is pretty good. For instance, marketing teams may change from project to project. In that example, you might want to do team photos more often. Meanwhile, luxury sales teams don’t have major changes throughout the year, and may not need frequent team updates. Just be sure to choose a frequency that ensures that your team photos remain current and reflect the most accurate representation of your team.
What should be considered when choosing a location for team photos?
This is a big branding question. How do you want people to see when they look at the photos? Do you want your audience to see creativity? Stability? Trustworthiness? When selecting a location for team photos, consider the overall aesthetic and messaging you want to convey. Ideally, the location should align with your brand's image and values. It can be your office, an outdoor setting like an industrial park or nature path, or a professional studio. Just make sure that the location provides adequate lighting, a clutter-free background, and enough space to accommodate the entire team comfortably.
How can we ensure a cohesive look in team photos?
To achieve a cohesive look in team photos, consider the following tips:
- Send clear guidelines regarding dress code so that the team dresses appropriately and consistently.
- Coordinate colors or styles to create visual harmony. Matching accessories or color schemes can help achieve a cohesive look.
- Hire a professional photographer who understands your vision and can provide guidance on poses, lighting, and composition to ensure your achieve a consistent visual style.
How should team members prepare for a team photoshoot?
To help team members prepare for a team photoshoot, consider the following recommendations:
- Try not to pull it together at the last minute. Communicate the date, time, and location of the photo shoot well in advance, allowing everyone to plan their outfits.
- Let them know it’s important that team members dress appropriately and in line with the established guidelines, it helps make sure they feel comfortable and confident.
- Provide grooming or styling instructions, such as hair and makeup suggestions. Maybe provide a set stylist for the shoot?
- Have fun. Promote a relaxed atmosphere during the photoshoot, as this will help team members feel more natural and showcase their authentic and quite possibly quirky personalities.
Team photos bring your team together, serving as a visual representation of the team's identity and promoting connection with clients and stakeholders. By understanding the importance of team photos, knowing when and how to update them, choosing appropriate locations, ensuring a cohesive look, and preparing team members adequately, you can capture compelling and impactful images that reflect your team's professionalism and unity.
ABOUT VRTL PRO PHOTOGRAPHY & HEADSHOTS
VRTL PRO Headshots services Professional Clients. We are a team that prides itself on reliability, ease, and quality products while having fun and looking good. Contact us to book your best vendor partner for corporate media needs (305) 814-2224.
Miami Beach Convention Center & Greater Ft. Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center. We are members of the GMCVB. Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau. We are insured and hablamos español.
We are servicing cities
- Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach
- Pembroke Pines
- Coral Gables